Introducing the totally Divine iPhone / iPad App
07 November 2011
Divine Chocolate is delighted to announce the launch of the new Divine Chocolate App for the iPhone and iPad. The Divine App is free to download and gives chocolate lovers instant access to a Divine world of irresistible recipes created by chocolate experts & celebrity chefs. As well as the easy to follow recipes, there are cooking tips and video guides, a Google Map to help you locate your nearest Divine stockist (and add any you come across). In addition it tells, illustrated with stunning photographs, the unique story of Divine, the company co-owned by cocoa farmers in Ghana.
Created for Divine by creative agency Uber London, the Divine App was designed to bring a little Divine happiness to every Smartphone and iPad – with exclusive features for those who love baking with chocolate. There is a diverse selection of recipes for cooks of all standards, including a heavenly white chocolate cheesecake, an old fashioned chocolate pudding, chocolate & cherry torte, a chocolate fudge cake created for Divine by Tom Aikens, healthy chocolate pots created for Divine by Ian Marber aka The Food Doctor, a seriously tempting sticky peanut butter cake created by Linda Collister, author of the recipebook accompanying BBC2’s Great British Bake Off … and lots more. The Divine App will be updated periodically with new recipes and features, including great seasonal ideas using Divine.
With the Divine App to hand you will always be able to find your nearest Divine stockist wherever you are in the UK, be it a supermarket or an independent deli, wholefoods store or gift shop. Divine is found in many surprising outlets so this feature will be an invaluable tool when searching for your next Divine treat or ingredients for one of the Divine recipes. iPhone users can also add the name and address of a Divine stockist if they find one that’s not yet listed.
The app also features a Quick Tips section of short and informative videos demonstrating some chocolate baking basics. These include essential kit, melting chocolate, ingredients, and greaseproofing.
- Uber London are a creative agency that innovates; delivering ideas to fire the imagination, influence people and inspire conversation. www.uber-london.com
- Divine has won critical acclaim which includes:
- Cake maker to the stars Lily Vanilli says: “With Divine, you’re drawn to them because their products are Fairtrade, but once you’ve tried it it’s all about the chocolate”
- Charles Campion, Food Critic for the The Independent says: “…for a really good balance between price and performance look out for Divine’s Fairtrade 70% dark chocolate – very fruity, with a good texture and a long finish”.
- Sara Jayne-Stanes, chocolate expert and founder member of the Academy of Chocolate says of Divine’s 70% bar, “a mouthful of intense, very smooth, delectable chocolate … Divine is in a league of its own”.
- Two-Michelin starred chef Tom Aikens says: “Divine’s 85% cocoa bar is great for cooking with or just to nibble on with a cup of coffee! Chocolate with such a high cocoa level has less sugar and is much better for you than normal chocolate”.
- Divine Chocolate Ltd is the only Fairtrade chocolate company that is also co-owned by cocoa farmers. Kuapa Kokoo, a co-operative of 45,000 cocoa farmers in Ghana, benefit not only from the Fairtrade premium on the sale of their beans, but also receive a 45% share of Divine’s distributable profits giving the farmers more economic stability, as well as the increased influence in the cocoa industry company-ownership brings
- Keep up to date with Divine online:
- For sales and stockist enquiries contact firstname.lastname@example.org or find more details on www.divinechocolate.com
- All Divine products carry the Fairtrade Mark. This is an independent guarantee certified by the Fairtrade Foundation that the ingredients are sourced under internationally agreed fair trade terms and conditions. These include a guaranteed, secure minimum price, an extra social premium payment for the farmers to invest in their own community programmes, long term trading contracts, decent health and safety conditions – all aimed at empowering farmers to make their own improvements to living standards and prospects for the future
- Divine Chocolate has won a number of prestigious awards. These include Good Housekeeping’s Favourite Fairtrade Product 2008; Best Food Brand in the SHE magazine Ethical Awards 2007; and Best Buy in Ethical Consumer magazine 2009. Divine Chocolate Ltd was awarded Best Social Enterprise 2007 at the Enterprising Solutions awards run by the Office of the Third Sector and The Observer Best Ethical Business 2008. Divine has been voted a Cool Brand 2009-10.
- The UK chocolate market alone is worth approximately £3.76 billion a year (Mintel, 2010): if Fairtrade products can capture even a small proportion of that market, producers in developing countries gain real benefits.