Divine Chocolate gets an upgrade on Virgin
08 March 2012
Divine Chocolate is delighted to announce that complimentary 45g bars of Divine Milk, Dark 70%, and White Chocolate will be served amongst other special treats on the Virgin Upper Class Graze menu on flights from 1st March – 31st May. Milk and 70% dark 100g bars of Divine Chocolate are already available for sale from the Virgin Retail Therapy in-flight shop.
Virgin Atlantic’s chocolate choice is one example of the airline’s commitment to sustainability and ethical sourcing.
Virgin Atlantic Chief Operating Officer Steve Griffiths said:
"A key focus for Virgin Atlantic is sustainable growth and we are working hard to bring our passengers the highest quality products whilst reducing our environmental impact and supporting developing communities. We're thrilled to have such a respected ethical brand as Divine Chocolate on board and we know it will be popular with our customers.
"The Divine milk bar will feature alongside a number of other treats for our Upper Class passengers as part of our recently upgraded meal experience which includes a whole new cutlery and crockery service as well as a more contemporary food offer and, on certain flights, a fabulous new afternoon tea service.”
Divine chocolate has a wide range of flavours, as well as popular seasonal specialities and gifts – the most diverse quality range of Fairtrade chocolates on the market. The brand has distinctive ethical credentials – being the only Fairtrade chocolate co-owned by the farmers who supply the cocoa. As well as being stocked in major supermarkets and independent food stores nationwide, Divine is available in many out-of-home venues, from station platform cafes, to cinemas and theatres, restaurants and hotels.
For more information please contact Rosanna Mayhew or Charlotte Borger at Divine
020 7378 6550
- Divine Chocolate Ltd is the only Fairtrade chocolate company that is also co-owned by cocoa farmers. Kuapa Kokoo, a co-operative of 65,000 cocoa farmers in Ghana, benefit not only from the Fairtrade premium on the sale of their beans, but also receive a 45% share of Divine’s distributable profits giving the farmers more economic stability, as well as the increased influence in the cocoa industry company-ownership brings
- Virgin Atlantic is one of the world’s leading long haul airlines, serving 5.5 million passengers a year and flying to 34 destinations. Virgin Atlantic is passionate about improving sustainability, from big ticket items like buying more efficient aircraft and being heavily involved in the sustainable aviation fuels arena, to crew uniforms, supplying Fairtrade items on board and supporting community investment programmes in the destinations it serves.
- Keep up to date with Divine online:
- All Divine products carry the Fairtrade Mark. This is an independent guarantee certified by the Fairtrade Foundation that the ingredients are sourced under internationally agreed fair trade terms and conditions. These include a guaranteed, secure minimum price, an extra social premium payment for the farmers to invest in their own community programmes, long term trading contracts, decent health and safety conditions – all aimed at empowering farmers to make their own improvements to living standards and prospects for the future
- Divine Chocolate has won a number of prestigious awards. These include Good Housekeeping’s Favourite Fairtrade Product 2008; Best Food Brand in the SHE magazine Ethical Awards 2007; and Best Buy in Ethical Consumer magazine 2009. Divine Chocolate Ltd was awarded Best Social Enterprise 2007 at the Enterprising Solutions awards run by the Office of the Third Sector and The Observer Best Ethical Business 2008. Divine has been voted a Cool Brand 2009-10.