Fire your imagination and spark your creativity with our annual Poetry Competition in partnership with Christian Aid, taking adults and children alike on a voyage of discovery through the world of chocolate, cocoa farmers Fairtrade and poetry.
Write a poem about Fairtrade Chocolate
for your chance to WIN
A film of your poem being read by this year's guest judge, Cas Lester, an acclaimed children's writer
PLUS Divine goodies, book tokens and the latest book by Cas: 'Do You Speak Chocolate?'
For the best chance of winning, follow our instructions & tips below!
- Select your entry form:
For an individual entry
For multiple entries e.g. a school class
#2. Get creative and write your poem
This year's theme “Celebrate Divine Chocolate”
- Divine Chocolate has been Fairtrade and farmer-owned for 20 years. Who can celebrate?
- Think about the process of bean-to-bar. What can we celebrate along that journey?
- When do you celebrate with chocolate – does it make chocolate taste better?
Top Tips for Winning Poetry Entries!
- Make sure your poem is about the theme: “Celebrate Divine Chocolate”
- This is the Divine poetry competition so make sure you mention Divine in your poem and not other chocolate products!
- Fairtrade is about empowering farmers so try to think beyond common stereotypes of developing countries
- Artwork/design is not judged, however please make sure it is legible so the judges can read your poem!
Teaching Resources Available
Trading Visions, an education charity set up by Divine Chocolate, have put together a handy guide for the poetry competition. Find out about the guide.
The Pa Pa Paa website also offers FREE lesson plans, educational videos and powerpoint presentations.
#3. Return by the closing date
Make sure you include both the entry form and poem(s) together!
Poems in English by 30th June 2018
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
by post: Poetry Competition, Divine Chocolate, 4 Gainsford Street, London, SE1 2NE
#4. Await the results
The winning poems will chosen by our Cas Lester, our Guest Judge, Christian Aid and Divine Chocolate in July and announced on Facebook Live. All entries will be informed of these plans... so look out for details in your inbox.
Prizes will be sent to winners in the post!