Marketing Director (Maternity Cover)
Location: Tower Bridge, London
Salary: £50-£62k depending on experience
Role: Full time, with occasional evening and weekend work.
Reporting to: Group CEO
Rewards: 25 days holiday, 8% company contribution to pension, life cover, bonus
Report: Marketing Coordinator
PR & Social Media Manager
Contract date: Mid June 2019 – Mid June 2020
The company: Divine Chocolate Ltd
The role: Marketing Director (Maternity Cover)
We are seeking a Marketing Director for a 12 month maternity cover role, responsible for the delivery of the Global Marketing Plan 19/20 and overseeing the team delivery of ongoing brand and trade marketing activities.
You should be a creative and commercial marketer with experience in digital marketing, developing challenger brand campaigns and project managing research projects that put the consumer at the heart of brand and company plans. You will lead a team who are passionate about premium chocolate and delivering real benefits to cocoa farmers in Africa.
The Marketing Director is instrumental in growing and developing the business as a member of the senior management team. Your contribution will be key to maximising our unique position in the market and taking the company to the next level in terms of awareness, engagement and sales.
Marketing & Communications Team
We are a small, committed and friendly team who collaborate with a great range of partners that share our ethical values. We are proud to run most of our marketing and PR in-house to develop grass-roots campaigns, as well as working with trusted agency partners on larger scale campaigns. The team also work with the U.S. office, based in Washington D.C and our Swedish office based in Gothenburg.
- Global Marketing Strategy Development, implementation and delivery
- Responsible for finalising the marketing element of the Divine 5 Year Strategy, liaising with the cross functional team and US Marketing team to secure board sign off
- Responsibility for the delivery of the 20th Anniversary Chocolate Celebration Campaign (digital, PR and sampling), and leading the organisation of a 20th Birthday Anniversary Event
- Partner with the UK sales team to develop trade marketing for key customers and channels and supporting the team in the development of a Marketing & POS Toolkit and ongoing trade & export newsletters
- Oversee integrated marketing campaigns across digital, social media, sampling, trade and consumer PR for new ranges, upcoming product launches and key chocolate festivals (Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day)
- Champion the consumer voice and manage research projects spanning exploratory product research, product taste testing and brand communication research
- Liaise with key stakeholders in the development of the research brief through to the delivery of actionable insights for the business to take forward.
- Manage and develop Divine Chocolate’s online presence
- Oversee the performance, optimisation and SEO strategy for the new brand website and webshop, managing all agencies involved
- Support PR and Social Media Manager in the development of a cohesive Global Social Media Strategy and Toolkit, and in the execution of product and thematic social media campaigns
- Owner of the Divine Global brand guidelines, ensuring consistency in global asset and communication development
- Line management and mentoring of Marketing Co-ordinator and PR and Social Media Manager
- Oversight of Marketing team and activities in Divine USA, aligning plans and inputting into upcoming US campaigns and activities
- Tracking and evaluation against Marketing KPIs, campaigns and market trends in UK and USA
- Budget management and tracking
- 5+ years’ FMCG/retail marketing experience
- Understanding of brand building in a small/medium sized business - ability to see the big picture with a pragmatic/flexible approach to delivery
- Strong analytical ability alongside knowledge of category management, utilising all relevant sources of data and insight and building strategy from them
- Strong understanding of digital communications, including good working knowledge of SEO and social media analysis
- Good understanding of the UK Multiple Grocery sector. Knowledge of other channels, such as foodservice, would be a big asset
- Experience running successful product and communication research, working with a variety of research methods and skilled in agency management
- Strong team working and project management skills, combined with the ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
- Events organisation experience
- University degree or equivalent
Good to have
- Experience of premium, food/drink and/or ‘challenger brand’ marketing
- Experience of international sales and marketing, particularly in USA
- You will fully embody and role model Divine values: Respect, Ownership, Teamwork, Creativity
- Focused on results and driven, with a track record of delivering to plan
- Quick learner and fast thinker - able to prioritise and identify solutions in a timely manner
- You relish working in a small company, able to deliver both strategy and hands-on execution
- Enthusiastic and confident, with strong verbal and presentational skills
- Committed to the role that Divine plays in empowering small scale farmers and motivated by Fairtrade/ social enterprise
- Personable, fun, with excellent partnership skills
Please send us a covering letter, CV and 200 words about Fairtrade to email@example.com
Application deadline: Midday, Monday 15th May.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.