Divine Chocolate, the farmed-owned chocolate company, is preparing a fabulous programme for this year's Chocolate Week, the annual national celebration of all things chocolate. Among the events and partnerships lined up for the week (12-18th October) this year, Divine will be popping up with a MasterChef finalist, introducing a special chocolate workshop and washing everything down with the fairest chocolate cocktail in London.
Tony Rodd was a finalist in this years' MasterChef and forged a name for himself with his desserts and chocolate work. Dubbed “the master chocolatier” by Gregg Wallace, he has spent his time since the competition honing his skills in the pastry kitchen. Since finishing the show, Tony has been setting up a private catering business and is also involved in a number of dining clubs and events across the UK. At his monthly project with The Jones Family Project in Shoreditch, this October he will put on a three course chocolate experience using Divine Chocolate throughout the meal.
Working with Fair, the world's first Fairtrade spirits brand, Divine bring you the fairest cocktail in town! Fair's mixologists have put their minds to creating a chocolate cocktail that is truly Divine, which will be available in bars across London
Chocolate Week will also feature a new partnership with My Chocolate, hosting a special Divine chocolate workshop in London. There'll be a chance to sign up and learn all about what makes Divine chocolate so unique whilst making chocolate treats to take home.
As a supporter of Chocolate Week since it was created 12 years ago, Divine is planning a host of chocolate experiences and events across the country as well as exhibiting at this year's Chocolate Show in London. Keep up to date with all Divine's Chocolate Week activities visit www.divinechocolate.com/uk/good-stufffor regular updates and look out for a new fabulous collection of Divine recipes from Allegra McEvedy, Tony Rudd, Sam Stern and Linda Collister.
For more information please contact Lisa Storey on 0207 378 6550 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information, images and recipes details.
- Divine Chocolate Ltd is the only Fairtrade chocolate company that is also co-owned by cocoa farmers. Kuapa Kokoo, a co-operative of 80,000 cocoa farmers in Ghana, benefit not only from the Fairtrade premium on the sale of their beans, but also receive a 44% share of Divine's distributable profits giving the farmers more economic stability, as well as the increased influence in the cocoa industry company-ownership brings
- Keep up todatewithDivine online:
- AllDivine products carry the Fairtrade Mark. This is an independent guarantee certified by the Fairtrade Foundation that the ingredients are sourced under internationally agreed fair trade terms and conditions. These include a guaranteed, secure minimum price, an extra socialpremium payment for the farmers to invest in their own community programmes, long term trading contracts, decent health and safety conditions – all aimed at empowering farmers to make their own improvements to living standards and prospects for the future
- The UK chocolate market alone is worth approximately £3.98 billion a year (Mintel, 2012): if Fairtrade products can capture even a small proportion of that market, producers in developing countries gain real benefits.
- Divine Chocolate has won a number of prestigious awards, most recently Divine won The Guardian Sustainable Business Award for Social Impact Innovation, Social enterprise of the year 2014 and Divine's 38% Milk Chocolate with Toffee & Sea Salt was voted the “UK's Favourite Fairtrade Product” in a public poll by the Fairtrade Foundation. Others include Good Housekeeping's Favourite Fairtrade Product 2008; Best FoodBrand in the SHE magazine Ethical Awards 2007; and Best Buy in Ethical Consumer magazine 2009. Divine Chocolate Ltd was awarded Best Social Enterprise 2007 at the Enterprising Solutions awards run by the Office of the Third Sector and The Observer Best EthicalBusiness 2008. Divines Dark Chocolate After Dinner Ginger Thins was awarded one star by the Guild of Fine Food at the Great Taste Awards 2013. Divine has been voted a CoolBrand 2013-14