Divine Chocolate, the leading Fairtrade company owned by cocoa farmers, is exhibiting for the first time this year at ISM, the world’s largest trade fair of sweets and snacks in Cologne. Divine is celebrating its recent merger with its company in USA, and is looking to expand into new territories, consolidating its growing global presence, and will be exhibiting its exciting range of premium bars, gifts and seasonal specialities. Meet the Divine team at Stand K14 in the UK Pavilion, Hall 4.2.
Divine’s MD Sophi Tranchell says: “We are delighted to be exhibiting at ISM for the first time this year, and representing our farmer owners at the show. It will be a great opportunity to showcase our very distinctive business model with cocoa farmers at its heart, and to profile our range of which we’re really proud. Having led Divine since it was a tiny start-up company, it is rewarding to be stepping on to the international stage and seeing how a social enterprise like Divine is resonating with buyers and consumers around the world.”
Divine Chocolate is renowned both for its excellent and popular chocolate range, and for leading the way in demonstrating a fairer and more sustainable business model in the chocolate industry. The farmers of the Kuapa Kokoo co-operative in Ghana own 44% of the company, and benefit not only from profit share and Divine’s investment of 2% of turnover in special farmer projects, but also unprecedented access to knowledge about the industry they supply. This model puts the farmers in control of their own future and development, enabling improvements in farming and productivity, and encouraging a future generation to stay in cocoa farming.
All Divine chocolate is traceable from bean to bar, and every product is Fairtrade certified. Divine is committed to including as many Fairtrade ingredients as possible in its range, and to perfecting recipes, like our delicious caramel, which do not use ingredients the company chooses to avoid such as palm oil.
In Europe Divine currently distributes in Scandinavia, Netherlands, Czech Republic, and France as well as UK, in USA and Canada, and further afield in South Korea, Japan and Australia. The company produces a flagship range of moulded bars in a variety of flavours (including as many Fairtrade ingredients as possible), all year round gifts, and distinctive ranges of Easter and Christmas seasonal specialities. All the products are beautifully packaged in black, gold and bright colours, decorated with the Adinkra symbols distinctive to West Africa.
To contact the Divine team while they are at ISM call or text Char Green on +44 (0) 7709 346530
For additional information and images contact Charlotte Borger on email@example.com (+44 (0) 7973 394970)
· Divine Chocolate is the only Fairtrade chocolate company that is also co-owned by cocoa farmers. Kuapa Kokoo, a co-operative of over 80,000 cocoa farmers in Ghana, benefit not only from the Fairtrade premium on the sale of their beans, but also receive the largest share (44%) of Divine’s distributable profits giving the farmers more economic stability, as well as the increased influence in the cocoa industry company-ownership brings
· Divine is a mission-driven business. Its mission is “To grow a successful global farmer-owned chocolate company using the amazing power of chocolate to delight and engage, and bring people together to create dignified trading relations, thereby empowering producers and consumers.”
· The Fairtrade cocoa in Divine chocolate is fully traceable from bean to bar
· Divine invests 2% of its turnover in Producer Support and Development project co-managed by Twin and Kuapa Kokoo, and in collaboration with local Government and NGOs. These include adult literacy and numeracy particularly for women, and a model farm programme.
o Divine Chocolate is GMO and palm oil free, and has Kosher and Halal certified products in the range.
· Divine is sold in UK, USA, Canada, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Netherlands, Czech Republic, South Korea, Japan and Australia
· Keep up to date with Divine UK online:
o Everything you need to know about Divine: www.divinechocolate.com/uk
o For trade enquiries visit: http://www.divinechocolate.com/uk/trade
o Follow Divine on Twitter: www.twitter.com/divinechocolate
o Follow Divine on Facebook: www.facebook.com/divinechocolate
· Keep up to date with Divine USA online:
· All Divine products carry the Fairtrade Mark. This is an independent guarantee certified by Fairtrade International that the ingredients are sourced under internationally agreed fair trade terms and conditions. These include a guaranteed, secure minimum price, an extra social premium payment for the farmers to invest in their own community programmes, long term trading contracts, decent health and safety conditions – all aimed at empowering farmers to make their own improvements to living standards and prospects for the future. For more about Fairtrade visit www.fairtrade.org.uk