- 200g Divine 38% Milk Chocolate Baking Bar
- 200g Unsalted Butter
- 4 Large Free Range Eggs
- 300g Fairtrade Light Brown Muscovado Sugar
- 1 tsp Fairtrade Vanilla
- 125g Plain Flour
- 80g Divine Cocoa Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- 100g Divine White Chocolate with Strawberries
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and ensure the rack is in the centre position. Prepare a 34cm x 20cm brownie tray by spreading butter all around the edges and cutting a rectangle of greaseproof paper for the bottom. To really ensure nothing sticks, it is best to sprinkle some flour over the butter.
2. Chop the Divine Milk Chocolate into small pieces using a serrated knife. Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl over simmering water, ensuring that the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water. Stir until it is all melted and combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
3. In a large mixing bowl beat the eggs. Add the vanilla and sugar, continue mixing until well combined.
4. Pour this egg mixture into the chocolate mixture and stir.
5. In a small mixing bowl, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
6. Using a rubber spatula, gently fold together the flour mixture into the chocolate and egg mixture.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared tray and put into the oven.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Start checking at the 20 minute mark, unlike when you are baking a cake, you want there to be a little fudgyness in the centre. Insert the tip of knife, if it comes out with a few crumbs attached, it is finished.
9. Allow to cool in the tray.
10. Chop the Divine White Chocolate with Strawberries into small pieces using a serrated knife. Place the chocolate and in a bowl over simmering water. Stir until melted.
11. Cut the brownies into 4cm squares. You will no doubt be left with some extra edges, they make for good snacking!
12. Spread the brownies out on a work surface. Using a fork, drizzle the white chocolate over the brownies.
13. Store in a sealed container for 4-5 days if they last that long!