Time for tea! With this lovely individual tea fancies created specially for Divine by chef Alan Coxon.
- 175g Plain Flour (sieved)
- 1 tsp Baking Powder (sieved with the flour)
- 175g Unsalted Butter (at room temperature)
- 3 medium Free range Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 tbsp Divine Cocoa Powder
- 175g Demerera sugar
- Whenever melting chocolate always take care not to overheat as this can damage your recipe, remember chocolate melts in your mouth, so any hotter is pointless!
- Pre-heat the oven to 160°C/fan 140C/gas 3.
- Place the butter, sugar, into a large bowl and beat together with an electric whisk, then add the eggs a little at a time until all the mix is incorporated
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and Baking powder and fold in the mixture should drop easily from a spoon, add a little water if it's too stiff.
- Spoon the mix into a 23cm square cake tin (try to use one without rounded edges).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the cake is cooked through (test with a skewer).
- Remove from the tin and cool completely. Cut into 25 squares.
To make the icing
- Melt the Divine dark chocolate and butter together with 4 tbsp water in a microwave or a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water and mix in the icing sugar.
- Spoon over the top of the cakes, spreading round the sides with a small palette knife. If the icing gets too thick, heat it up slightly.
- Leave the dark icing to set for a few minutes, and then drizzle the milk chocolate over with a teaspoon and leave to set slightly before repeating the process with the Divine white chocolate.
- Top with a fresh strawberry or a fresh raspberry!
- Eat and Enjoy!