- 250g Unsalted Butter
- 200g Granulated Sugar
- 1 Large Free Range Egg
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 500g Plain Flour
- ¼ tsp Baking Powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 50g Divine 70% Dark Chocolate
- 1 tbsp Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Peppermint Extract
- 1 tsp Green Food Colouring
- 100g Divine 70% Dark Chocolate with Mint
1. In a large bowl, beat the butter and sugar until combined. Add the egg and vanilla. Slowly add the plain flour, the baking powder and salt until a dough forms. Divide the dough in half and put in separate bowls.
2. In a small microwavable bowl, melt 50g of the Divine 70% Dark Chocolate on high for 30 seconds, stir, then again for another 30 seconds or until fully melted. Let cool slightly, then add the chocolate to one portion of dough kneading until it is an even colour.
3. To remaining dough, add the 1 tablespoon of flour, mint extract and green food colouring kneading until it is an even colour.
4. Wrap both doughs separately in cling film in a large balls and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
5. Split each ball into four pieces (it is easier to work with a small amount) and roll into sausage shapes about 1-2cm across. Push the two doughs together to create a larger sausage shape where one half is green and the other half is chocolate, about 3-4cm across. Refrigerate for an additional 30 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Slice into 1cm slices. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges start to brown. Place on a cooling rack.
7. In a small microwavable bowl, melt the 100g of Divine 70% Dark Chocolate with Mint for 30 seconds, stirring and heating until melted. Use a spoon to drizzle over the top of the cookies. Let stand until the chocolate has set.