Rich and fudgy brownies studded with juicy raspberries, nuts and white chocolate chunks.
- 2 x 100g bars Divine 70% Dark Chocolate
- 100g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 200g caster sugar
- 4 large free-range eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 60g plain flour
- 60g Divine Cocoa Powder
- 50g pecan nuts, chopped
- 1 x 100g bar Divine White Chocolate chopped
- 150g fresh raspberries
Preparation & Quantity
Makes 24 pieces
Preheat the oven to 180°C, 350F, Gas 4, fan 160.
Prepare a 28.x 18cm x 2.5cm deep brownie tin or baking tin. Grease tin and line with greaseproof paper.
- Break up the dark chocolate into squares and put into a heatproof bowl set over a pan of
- hot, but not boiling, water, making sure the base of the bowl does not touch the water. Leave to melt stirring occasionally. Remove the bowl from the pan.
- Whisk the butter and sugar together in a bowl using an electric whisk until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
- Add vanilla extract, melted chocolate and stir in gently using a spatula. Sieve the flour and cocoa into the bowl then fold in the nuts and white chocolate pieces until the mixture is evenly blended.
- Spoon half the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly. Scatter the raspberries over the top of the brownie mixture, top with remaining mixture and spread evenly.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until the mixture feels firm when pressed. Remove from the oven and cool in the tin on a wire rack. When cold cut the brownie into 24 squares.