To make the Crème Patissiere
1. Using a serrated knife, chop 50g of Divine 70 % Dark Chocolate. Place in a heat proof bowl set aside.
2. In a pan, weigh the milk and add the bean paste. Heat to just boiling point. In a heatproof bowl whisk together the sugar, cornflour, egg and yolk. Pour over the hot milk, one third at a time, stirring constantly.
3. Pour this mixture back into the pan and put on medium heat. Using a whisk, stir continuously until thickened. Take off heat. Allow to cool.
4. Using a low microwave setting (600w) melt the chocolate for a minute, stopping halfway to check. Pour the melted chocolate into the crème patissiere and fold until combined. Cover with cling film to avoid skin forming. Refrigerate until ready.
Sweet Chocolate Pastry
1. Lightly oil and dust mini tartlet tins. Set aside
2. Weigh the flour, icing sugar, cocoa powder, ground almonds and salt. Mix then rub in butter to form breadcrumbs. Add the egg yolk and combine, adding water bit by bit until it forms a dough. Do not overwork as this will make the pastry tough.
3. Shape into a log. Divide into six 5cm pieces, cut and roll out. Set in tins. Prick base. Place on a baking tray and chill for an hour.
4. Preheat the oven on 180C (160C fan) Gas 4.
5. Place baking parchment in pastry and add ceramic beans.
6. Bake for 15min then bake for 10 min without beans. Set aside and cool
Remove the crème patissiere from the fridge, stir to loosen. Place in a piping bag and pipe in circular motion. Place sprinkle over cocoa nibs and set raspberries. Dust over with icing sugar, serve with cream.
Makes: 6 mini tarts Prepare: 30 min Chill: 60 min Bake: 25 min