Divine Chocolateer Erik has combined Pukka Herbs Matcha tea with divine white chocolate for a delicious summery bake, perfect to enjoy with a green tea!
- 350ml Whole Milk
- 3 Pukka Herbs ‘Clean Matcha Green’ Tea Bags
- 500g Plain Flour
- 200g Fairtrade Caster Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Large Free Range Egg (Beaten)
- 90g Butter (Melted)
- 125g Plain Natural Yogurt
- The Zest of 1 Lemon
- 200g Divine White Chocolate
- 100g Fairtrade Icing Sugar
- 2-3 Tablespoons of Milk
For some extra tasty tea and chocolate treats, why not try making these Matcha Lemon and White Chocolate Muffins?
Divine Chocolateer Erik was inspired by the fresh taste of Pukka Herb’s lemon infused Clean Matcha Green tea, the sweetness of the white chocolate balances well with the almost savoury quality of this muffin. A nice pick-me-up to complement a hot cup of green tea.
1. In a small saucepan: heat the milk, add the 3 teabags, take off of the heat and let steep for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat the oven to 200°C. Prepare the muffin tins with liners or a thin coating of butter.
3. Combine the Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda, Baking Powder and Salt in a large bowl.
4. Discard the teabags from the milk and in a medium bowl mix together the egg, butter,
yogurt and lemon zest.
5. Add the Egg and Milk mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined.
6. Spoon the batter into the muffin tins ensuring that there is an equal amount in each hole.
7. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. Let cool on a rack.
8. Prepare the icing by melting the chocolate and adding the icing sugar. Add the milk a tablespoon at a time until you reach the desired consistency. I used an electric hand mixer to bring it together.
9. Drizzle over the muffins and let harden. They should keep for a few days at room temperature in a sealed container.
For moreFor more recipe ideas follow the Divine Chocolateers on Twitter @divinechocteers