For more recipe ideas follow me on Twitter @divinechocteers
- Bottom and Top Crumb Mixture.
- 225g caster sugar
- 410g plain flour
- 250g unsalted butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 75ml whole milk
- 300g raspberries
- 100g caster sugar
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 90g Divine White Chocolate, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a 34 X 24 cm baking tray with greaseproof paper on the bottom and butter around the edges.
- Mix all ingredients for the bottom/topping together in a stand mixer. It should resemble crumbs, don’t let it come together into a ball. This is your crumb mixture.
- In a separate bowl, lightly squash the raspberries and mix with the sugar, lemon juice and cornflour. This is your raspberry filling
- Press ¾ of the crumb mixture into the bottom of the prepared baking tray.
- Spread the raspberry filling out over the base.
- Crumble to remaining crumb mixture over the top. Bake for 25-30 mins.
- Once cooled, drizzle the white chocolate and cut into squares.
Summer is the best time to include some local fruit in your baking. I love delicate soft fruits like blueberries and raspberries, their arrival harkens the start of summer eating. To me, this recipe is like a summer version of a crumble, for sure it’s easier to bring out on picnic, but it is just at home served in your kitchen with some ice cream on the side. Easy to make, you could swap to fruit for anything you prefer.