- 30g Light Brown Muscovado Sugar
- 1-2 Tablespoon Water
- 180ml Whole Milk
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 90g 85% Divine Dark Chocolate
- Chilli Powder
- 1. Add the spices to the milk and let steep for 20-30 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan: add the sugar with the water and heat just enough to melt the sugar. Once it has cooled, add it to the milk.
- 3. Chop the chocolate into small pieces and melt using a bain marie or in the saucepan if you have an induction hob.
- 4. Slowly begin to add the milk stirring all the time, the texture of the chocolate will change and it may seem as though it is seizing up, continue stirring and adding milk a little at a time and it will return to a glossy smooth mixture.
- 5. Sprinkle in a pinch of chili powder to give it a little kick.
For more recipe ideas follow me on Twitter @divinechocteers