- 175 g unsalted butter, diced
- 175 g Divine White Chocolate with Strawberries, finely chopped
- 125 g caster sugar
- 75 g light muscovado sugar
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 125 g plain flour
- 75 g ground almonds
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 100 g dried strawberries
- 3 tbsp strawberry jam
1) Preheat the oven to 180C (350F) Gas 4.
2) Melt the butter in a heat-proof bowl set over a pan of simmering water. Add the chopped white chocolate, remove from the heat and stir occasionally until the chocolate has melted and thoroughly combined.
3) Tip the caster and light muscovado sugars into the bowl of a free-standing mixer, add the eggs and whisk until pale and light and the mixture will hold a ribbon trail – about 5 minutes. Add the vanilla and mix again.
4) Scoop the white chocolate and butter mixture into the bowl and mix briefly to just combine. Sift the plain flour, ground almonds, baking powder and salt into the bowl and mix gently until thoroughly combined. Fold in the dried strawberries. Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, spoon the strawberry jam onto the batter and marble throughout the top. Bake on the middle shelf of the preheated oven for 30 minutes until golden and set with a light crust.
5) Leave the blondies to cool completely in the tin. Cut into squares to serve.