- 200g butter
- 3 medium eggs
- 250g dark muscavdo sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 50g ground hazlenuts
- 30g Divine cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 250g Divine 70% Dark Chocolate
- 2 Fairtrade bananas
- ½ can of Carnation caramel
- 1. Preheat your oven to 180C.
- 2. Start by browning your butter. Place the butter into a small saucepan over a medium heat and melt the butter. Let it bubble away until the butter turns brown – dont take it too far. Add the vanilla extract and leave to cool slightly.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a stand mixer, whisk the eggs and muscavado sugar until light and frothy.
- 4. Melt the chocolate slowly in the microwave to prevent burning.
- 5. Once the chocolate has melted, whisk in the cooled brown butter, before pouring into the egg and sugar mixture.
- 6. Mix thoroughly before stirring in the hazlenuts and cocoa powder.
- 7. In a separate bowl, mash the banana with a fork and stir in the caramel.
- 8. Mix half of this mixture through the brownie mixture and leave some aside.
- 9. Pour the mixture into a 30x20cm baking tin lined with greasproof paper and spread level.
- 10. Marble in the remaining banana and caramel mixture and bake for 30 minutes – there should be a slight wobble to the finished brownie.
- 11. Ideally leave to cool overnight before eating!