- 175 g salted butter
- 175 g light brown sugar
- 150 ml honey
- 100g ground almonds
- 150g self-raising flour
- 3 tbsp Divine cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp mixed spice
- 800g mixed fruit soaked with brandy
- 3 tbsp mixed peel
- 50g crystallised ginger
- Zest of 1 orange, finely chopped
- 90g Divine smooth hazelnut chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1. Preheat oven to 150°C. Prepare a 24” springform pan with greaseproof paper on the bottom and sides. To help protect the outside from too much heat, it is good to wrap a layer of brown paper around the pan, securing it with string.
- 2. Using a stand mixer, mix the butter and sugar together for 5-7 minutes until it becomes light and fluffy. Add the honey and run for another minute to combine
- 3. In a separate large bowl, mix the ground almonds, flour, cocoa powder, mixed spice, mixed fruits, mixed peel, crystallised ginger, orange zest and dark chocolate. Ensure everything is evenly coated.
- 4. Alternate between adding the egg and the flour/fruit mixture to the butter and sugar. This should be done fairly slowly
- 5. Pour the batter into the pan and smooth out the top so it is flat.
- 6. Back in this slow oven for for two hours or until a fork comes out clean and the cake comes away from the sides.
For more recipe ideas follow me on Twitter @divinechocteers