- 50g Avocado
- 250ml Soya Milk
- 65ml Sunflower Oil
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 320g Dark Muscovado Sugar
- 215g Plain Flour
- 3 1/2 tsps of Baking Powder
- 55g Divine Cocoa Powder
- Zest of Orange
- 300g 70% Divine Chocolate, chopped
- 10g 70% Divine Chocolate, grated
- 200ml Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 small can of pineapple (sliced)
- Divine Speckled mini Eggs
For The Chocolate Ganache / Decoration
1. The day before, prepare the coconut oil ganache. Place the room temperature coconut oil in a heat-proof bowl then add in the chopped chocolate. Place in the microwave and melt over a low heat for 2minutes-I use 60 watts and heat in 30 second bursts. Mix until homogeneous cover and leave to set overnight at room temperature.
Heat the oven to 90°. Drain the pineapples and slice horizontally into eight pieces. Blot dry with kitchen towel then place on to a baking sheet. Bake the pineapples slices for 2 hours, rotating every 30 minutes. Allow to completely cool before storing.
For The Chocolate Cake
2. The following day, heat the oven at 160 fan/180 C, grease and line and 18’’x 2” cake tin with greaseproof paper. Chop and grate the chocolate and set aside. Using a measuring jug, place in the avocado, vinegar and milk and combine using a stick blender. Mix until smooth. Add the oil and blend again.
3. In a bowl, weigh the sugar, flour, baking powder, and zest and stir through. Pour the liquid into the dry ingredients then combine the ingredients. Pour the mixture into the baking tin and bake for 40-45minutes. To check the cake is ready, place a skewer/ clean coffee stirrer into the cake, it is ready when it comes out clear. Allow the cake to cool then using a serrated knife, slice in half.
Decorating the Cake
4. Carefully remove the top half of the cake and with an off-set spatula, layer on a third of the ganache. Place the top half back on. Then cover the cake with the rest of the ganache. Sprinkle over the grated dark chocolate. Gently add the pineapple and place the speckled eggs in each of the holes.