This delicious vegan recipe was developed by Divine Chocolateer Erik for Bourgeois Boheme, a shoe company with vegan values. Their new line of footwear is produced using the sustainable 'Pinatex' pineapple leaves fibers. In celebration of this, here is Erik's scrumptious vegan pineapple cheesecake - a deliciously smooth treat that is sure to please anyone looking for a sweet tropical adventure.
- 150g Almonds
- 150g Pitted Dates
- 40g Coconut Flour
- Half Fresh Pineapple
- 250g Cashews
- 80ml Coconut Oil
- 1tsp Vanilla Paste
- 80ml Agave Syrup
- 10ml Lemon Juice
- 300ml Coconut Water
- 50g Divine 70% Dark Chocolate
1. In separate bowls, soak the nuts overnight in water.
2. Using a food processor, whiz together the almonds, dates and coconut flour until it is resembles fine breadcrumbs. Use the back of spoon, press the mixture into a 15cm round cake tin bringing it up at the sides.
3. Cut the pineapple in half, take off the skin, chop finely and spread out over the base mixture - it should not go to the edges.
4. Back in the food processor, whiz together the cashews, vanilla paste, agave syrup, lemon juice and coconut water.
5. Melt the coconut oil in a small bowl placed over boiling water, add to the mixture. It should be blended until very smooth.
6. Pour the cashew mixture to the tin and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours.
7. When you are ready to serve, take it out of the freezer at least an hour before.
8. Grate the chocolate and spread it over finished cake.
To hear more about recipes and events, why not follow the Divine Chocolateers on Twitter @divinechocteers