The combination of smooth chilled chocolate melting under the warm fruity cherry sauce is a wonderful mouth sensation of both textures and temperatures. Created for Divine by Alan Coxon.
For the Pudding
For the Hot Cherry Sauce
- 75ml light red wine
- 75ml brandy
- 50g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp cornflour
- 250g pitted fresh cherries
- Whenever melting chocolate always take care not to overheat as this can damage your recipe, remember chocolate melts in your mouth, so any hotter is pointless!
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler with the coffee and the brandy and remove from heat. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks with the 25g sugar until pale, then add to the melted chocolate mixing well.
- In a clean grease free bowl whisk the egg whites and gently trickle in the 50g sugar until a stiff snow is achieved.
- Whisk the cream to a light peak then fold the cream into the slightly cooled melted chocolate , followed by the whisked egg white folding in gently.( you will need to work fairly swiftly so the chocolate doesn’t set too firm )
- Pour the Divine chocolate mousse into serving glasses, place into the refrigerator and leave to chill and set for approx 30-40mins.
Method for the sauce
- Place the sugar into a warm frying pan and add the cherries, toss around until the sugar has started to dissolve.
- Add the brandy and flame.
- Add the red wine followed by the cinnamon stick and bring to the simmer.
- Dissolve the corn flour in a little red wine or water and bring to the simmer stirring until it thickens.
- When ready remove the pudding from the refrigerator pour over the hot cherry sauce and serve.