I’ve paired the aromatic cordial with the sweetness of the white chocolate and strawberries to create a smooth light mousse. A delicious way to celebrate Spring.
- 200g Divine White Chocolate with Strawberries
- 300ml Double Cream
- 2 Large Egg Whites
- 2 Leaves Fine Leaf Gelatine
- 2 Tbsp Elderflower Cordial
- 5g Freeze Dried Strawberries
- 4 Fresh Strawberries (cut into fans)
How You Do It
- Soak the gelatine leaves in a bowl of cold water for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces using a serrated knife. Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over low heat stirring occasionally.
- Whip the cream into soft peaks adding the cordial slowly to ensure the cream doesn’t split.
- Remove the gelatine from the bowl and squeeze out any excess water. Place in a saucepan over gentle heat until melted, this should only take a few seconds. Add to the cream mixture.
- Add the melted chocolate to the cream.
- Beat the egg whites into soft peaks and carefully fold into the cream mixture.
- Spoon some of the mousse into the glasses. Arrange the freeze dried strawberries around the outside of the glass, top with a bit more of the mousse. Chill in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Before serving, top each mousse with a strawberry fan.