Everybody should know how to make these – they are a dinner party must. They look divine and you can make them well in advance so you get more time to spend with your guests.
- Whipped cream
- Crystallized violet petals (optional)
Preparation & Quantity
Preparation time 15 - 20 minutes, plus chilling.
Cooking time 5 minutes
- Put the Divine 85% Dark Chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water so that the base of the bowl is not touching the water and leave until melted.
- Remove the bowl from the pan and beat in the cream and the egg yolks, then stir in the liqueur.
- Whisk the egg whites in a large, grease-free bowl until stiff. Using a large metal spoon, fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Spoon into 4 coffee cups or small glasses and chill until set.
- Just before serving, top each mocha pot with a rosette of whipped cream and decorate with crystallized violets, if you like. Serve immediately.