- 500g Spelt/plain flour
- 325g whole milk
- 10g dried yeast
- 50g butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1tsp of vanilla paste
- 100g ground almonds
- 25g Divine Cocoa Powder
- 75g Fairtrade icing sugar
- 1 egg white
- 30g cranberries
- 70g mixed peel
- 30g raisins
- 30g Divine 70% dark chocolate (chopped)
- 1 tbsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Cloves
- 50g Fairtrade icing sugar
For the Chocolate Marzipan Filling
1. To make the chocolate marzipan, mix the almond, cocoa powder, icing sugar together then incorporate the egg white. Bring together and roll into a ball, push to flatten slightly then wrap with clingfilm. Allow to rest for 1 hour at room temperature.
For the Stollen base
2. Weigh the milk and heat gently until there is a little steam; leave to cool completely then stir in the yeast (if it is too warm it will kill the yeast). Melt the butter and allow to cool slightly.
3. In a stand mixer bowl, mix the flour and sugar then pour the milk mixture, butter, vanilla and the beaten egg. Then using the dough attachment, mix for 6-8 minutes until it starts to lift from the sides of the bowl. Touch the dough - it is ready when it’s not sticky.
4. In a bowl mix the dried fruit, chocolate and spices together and spread on a baking/ silicone mat. Place the dough on top of the filling and from the outside in knead until it is incorporated. Allow to rise until it is double its size (about 11/2 hours)
5. Roll out the marzipan to 20 x25 cm as this will sit in the middle of your Stollen
6. When the dough has risen, roll it out and place the marzipan mix on top. Working from the long side, carefully roll. Ensure the seam is at the bottom. Leave to rise for an hour. Bake for 1 hr on 190 C then leave to rest for at least 30 minutes. Slice then dust with icing sugar.
7. Serve with a Divine hot chocolate for extra luxury.