For Caramelised Nuts
- • 50 g Macadamia Nuts
- • 50g Pistachio Nuts
- • 1tbsp of Liquid Glucose
- • 150g Granulated Sugar
For the Chocolate Mendiants
- • 200g Divine 70% Dark Chocolate
- • 50g Golden Raisins
- • 50g Sultanas
For The Caramelised Nuts
- 1. Pre-heat the oven to 175℃ fan oven. Line a baking tray with baking mat or parchment paper.
- 2. Weigh the nuts in a saucepan. In a separate bowl, weigh the sugar set aside.
- 3. Place the nuts on a low to medium heat. Add the liquid glucose and using a silicone spatula, stir continuously until the nuts are coated. Remove from heat and allow to stand for a minute.
- 4. Transfer the nuts into the sugar and coat generously. Place the coated pieces into a sieve and transfer to a baking mat.
For the Mendiants
- 1. Using a serrated knife, chop 200g of chocolate. Separate 70g and set aside.
- 2. Melt 130g of chocolate. Once melted, stir in the 70g of dark chocolate one third at a time. Use the spatula to really push down any large chunks. Stir until the chocolate is cool (or reads 30℃ on a digital thermometer). Place on a low heat for 20 sec
- 3. Transfer the chocolate into a piping bag and working quickly pipe the chocolate into rounds. Once piped, leaving the tray fixed on the counter, move the sides up and down to evenly spread the chocolate.
- 4. Add the toppings and allow to cool for at least 30 minutes (any sooner and the chocolate will not have a snap to it) enjoy or gift to some very happy family or friends.