My two year old daughter loves to get involved in the kitchen. This Mother’s Day, I thought it would be nice if she could make something sweet for her mum, as well as having a bit of fun in the kitchen!
- 100g Divine 70% Dark Chocolate (Finely Chopped)
- 200g Divine Milk Chocolate (Finely Chopped)
- 150g Salted Butter
- 200g Golden Syrup
- 150g Digestive Biscuits
- 50g Fairtrade Sweetened Desiccated Coconut
- 50g Tropical Wholefoods Dried Mango (Finely Diced)
- 50g Tropical Wholefoods Dried Apricots (Finely Diced)
- 50g Tropical Wholefoods Dried Cherries
I’ve created a simple recipe that includes lots of ways for her to get involved - bashing the digestives, stirring the chocolate, and pouring the mixtures into the bowl.
I found it best to get her started on a task while I chopped up the dried fruit - maybe with an older child they could even practice their knife skills!
1. In a medium sized heatproof bowl, melt the chocolate in short bursts in the microwave, stir with a spatula until mixed together. Once the chocolate has become liquid, add the butter and golden syrup, stir. Set aside to cool.
2. Prepare the biscuits by crushing into small pieces, add to a large bowl. Finely dice the mango and apricots, leaving the cherries whole. Add the coconut and dried fruits to the large bowl.
3. Pour the chocolate mixture into the large bowl and stir until everything is coated.
4. Prepare a 34x22cm baking sheet with greaseproof paper, I prefer to use the foil-lined variety as it folds over the edges well.
5. Pour the finished mixture into the sheet and chill in the freezer for at least an hour.
6. Slice into pieces using a sharp knife.
For more recipe ideas follow me on Twitter @divinechocteers