- 500g white bread flour
- 300ml of soya milk
- 60g margarine/vegan butter
- 50g caster sugar
- 10g fast yeast
- 5g salt
- 100g Divine 85% dark chocolate with ginger and tumeric
- 150g margarine/vegan butter
- 15g cinnamon
- 35g of Divine cocoa powder
- 70g crystallised ginger
- 70g cranberries/sultanas
1. Line a baking tray and set aside. In a bowl, weigh out the milk and heat to lukewarm-you can use a microwave to do this. Melt the butter, whisk into the milk and combine. Add the yeast followed by the sugar and whisk again. Add the flour, then the salt and combine.
2. Knead the bread for 10 minutes and cover and leave to rise until doubled in size-about one hour and a half.
3. Meanwhile create the filling; weigh out the currants and crystallised ginger and set aside.
4. Melt the butter in the microwave on a low heat and combine with the grated chocolate and cocoa powder, cinnamon and allow to set.
5. Heat the oven to 180° / 160° Fan. Place a baking mat on the work surface add a teaspoon of oil and spread, then coat a rolling pin with a little vegetable oil this will prevent it from sticking to the dough.
6. Remove the dough from the bowl a carefully and roll out to a rectangle.
7. Spread the set filling ensuring you reach the sides (if you don’t it’ll leave uncovered patches).
8. Sprinkle the currants and the ginger evenly over the dough, then carefully roll into a log.
9. With the seam on the mat, cut the log lengthwise and braid: place one strip under and the other over until you can seal into a ring.
10. Carefully place on the tray and place in the oven. Bake for 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Allow to cool and dust with icing sugar. Serve with vegan cream.