Ongoing sales of Divine fund investments in women’s training, mentoring and capacity building at Kuapa Kokoo. Divine's Dark Chocolate with Hazelnut Truffle bar (3.5 oz) features a special graphic highlighting our dedication to women in cocoa farming.
- Equal training for women in cocoa farming practices helps women improve farm productivity and cocoa quality
- Advancement of women as recorders (elected buying clerks) provides opportunities to earn additional income
- Women who earned extra household income used that money to keep their children, Including girls, in school longer than families in villages where women’s training was not as available
- Making women a priority leads women members of Kuapa to be loyal and encourages women to advocate for other women to join the cooperative. Kuapa is viewed as a positive resource for women.
Kuapa’s Women’s Programs increase training for women in cocoa farming practices to help women improve farm productivity and cocoa quality. The training prioritizes the following:
- Facilitating the advancement of women as recorders (elected buying clerks) to provide opportunities to earn additional income
- Ensuring that women’s groups are rolled out across all 58 cocoa farming districts
- Increasing literacy and numeracy training for women to enable them to earn income through other enterprises such as selling vegetables, clothing or baked goods.
Meet some of our female farmers --