This easy baked recipe transforms simple ingredients into a yummy fudgy chocolate flan. It's made with a digestive biscuit base topped with a mixture of light muscovado sugar, cocoa powder, flour and milk. When cool, it's drizzled with melted white chocolate. Created for Divine by renowned food writer Sue Ashworth.
- 150 g (6 oz) butter
- 100 g (4 oz) digestive biscuits, crushed
- 100 g (4 oz) light muscovado sugar
- 150 g (5 oz) self-raising flour
- 25 g (1 oz) Divine Cocoa Powder
- 150 ml (1/4 pint) milk
- 100 g bar Divine White Chocolate, broken into pieces
- For a dinner party dessert, cut the flan into wedges before decorating with the chocolate.
- Place the wedges onto serving plates, then zig-zag the chocolate over the flan and the plate and sprinkle with a little Divine cocoa powder.
- A few raspberries and mint leaves complete the picture.
Preparation & Quantity:
Serves 6 - 8
Pre-heat the oven to 190°C, 375°F, Gas Mark 5.
- Melt 50 g (2 oz) of the butter in a saucepan. Remove from the heat and stir in the crushed digestive biscuits. Tip them into a 20 cm (8 inch) flan tin or dish and press them evenly over the base. Chill for about 10 - 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the remaining butter with the sugar until smooth and creamy. Sift in the flour and cocoa powder and fold in with a metal spoon. Stir in the milk, then spread the mixture over the biscuit base. Bake for 35 - 40 minutes until firm. Allow to cool.
- Melt the white chocolate in a small bowl placed over a pan of gently simmering water. Using a teaspoon, drizzle the chocolate over the surface of the flan. Cut into wedges and serve.