This recipe is very simple to make- the secret is in watching not to over cook the brownies so they retain their fudgy stickiness.
- 125g ( 4 ½ oz) Divine Heavenly White Chocolate
- 100g (3 ½ oz) butter
- 285g (10 oz) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 x 5ml (1 tsp) vanilla extract
- 150g (5 ½ oz) skinned hazelnuts
- 225g (8 oz) white chocolate chunks
- 175g ( 6 oz) strong plain flour
Preparation & Quantity:
Makes about 40 pieces large swiss roll tin - or do them in a deeper tin allow longer to cook about 50 minutes and serve with ice cream.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Oven temp: Gas 5/190°C
- Line the tin with aluminium foil and grease lightly or use Teflon cooking linerMelt chocolate and butter in a pan.
- Remove from heat and add sugar - stir until well mixed.
- Take time to do this stage or the sugar will not all dissolve in cooking and the brownies may be gritty.
- Add eggs one at a time, then vanilla, nuts and chocolate.
- Stir in flour thoroughly and pour into prepared tin. Bake for 30 minutes in the centre of the oven.
- A skewer inserted into the centre of the tray should come out slightly sticky - don't keep cooking till the skewer is clean as in other cake recipes or your brownies will overcook and be dry not fudge like.
- Remove from the oven and place on a rack.Allow to cool.
- Remove from tin, peel off foil, cut into squares and dust with icing sugar.