A boozy play on Mexican Hot Chocolate, the earthy, roasted flavor of this artisanal spirit brings out the complexity and spices of the cocoa; the cinnamon and spice provide a nice foil to its fruitiness.
- 6 ounces Whole Milk
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Chile de Arbol
- 1 tablespoon Divine Cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon Demerarra sugar
- 1 tablespoons Heavy Cream
- ¾ ounce Del Maguey Vida Mezcal
- Put milk, cinnamon and chile stick in a pot over a low flame and warm until the milk is hot, fragrant and spicy.
- While it is heating, make a paste with cocoa, sugar and cream in the bottom of a mug, and then mix in mezcal.
- Top with hot milk.
- Serve with softly whipped cream and shaved Divine 70% Bittersweet chocolate.