A delicious cinnamon & chocolate flavoured cupcake created for Divine by The Prohibition Bakery in New York.
- ½ c of coffee
- ½ c of butter
- 1/3 c of Divine cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 1/3 c of sour cream
- 1 c of flour
- 1 c of granulated sugar
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1/4tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1/3 c heavy cream
- 4 oz Divine bittersweet chocolate
- 1tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ c of cinnamon liqueur
- ½ c high ratio shortening (trans fat free, if possible)
- ¼ c cooled coffee
- 1lb confectioners sugar
SAVE ON YOUR INGREDIENTS AT WHOLE FOODS WITH THIS COUPON.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Heat coffee and butter in a saucepan until butter is melted, taking care not to boil contents. Once melted, whisk in cocoa powder.
- In a mixing bowl, beat sour cream and egg until combined.
- In another bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and chili powder.
- Add coffee, butter, cocoa powder mixture to mixing bowl gradually.
- Slowly add dry goods to wet and beat until smooth.
- In greased or lined cupcake tins, fill 2/3 way. Bake for 10 minutes and let cool on a cooling rack.
- Allow cream to simmer over medium heat until just bubbling.
- Take care not to boil over.
- Meanwhile, chop the bittersweet chocolate into chunks. When cream is heated, strain and pour over room temperature chocolate.
- Let chocolate and cream mixture sit for a minute or so, and then whisk. When smooth, add the butter.
- While whisking, stream in cinnamon liqueur until incorporated.
- Transfer to squeeze bottle and set aside.
- With paddle attachment, whip together confectioners sugar and shortening until crumbly.
- Add coffee and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- When cupcakes are cool, use a small pastry tip to core out the center.
- Fill the cupcakes with the cinnamon liqueur ganache, using a squeeze bottle.
- Frost the cupcakes to your liking.
To Garnish: A little edible gold leaf is beautiful for a special occasion, but a little shaved Divine chocolate also looks and tastes wonderful.
Yield: 50 mini cupcakes