You won't believe just how delicious these muffins taste. They're made with Divine Orange Milk Chocolate, which gives them a fabulous flavour. They will go down a storm on cake stalls! Created for Divine by renowned food writer Sue Ashworth.
- 250 g (9 oz) plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 100 g (4 oz) Fairtrade caster sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 120 ml (4 fl oz) milk
- 125 g tub natural goat's milk yoghurt or plain yoghurt
- 75 g (3 oz) butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp finely-grated orange rind
- 100 g bar Divine Milk Orange Chocolate, chopped into chunks
- The secret of successful muffins is to avoid over-mixing when you add the wet ingredients to the dry ones.
- If you like, drizzle the muffins with a glace icing made with icing sugar and orange juice.
Preparation & Quantity:
Makes 12 muffins
Pre-heat oven to 200°C, 400°F, Gas Mark 6. Put 12 paper cases into a muffin tin.
- Sift together the flour, salt, baking powder and sugar. Set to one side. In a separate bowl or jug, mix together the egg, milk, yogurt, melted butter and orange rind.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and stir lightly until just combined, adding the chocolate chunks and stirring them through gently. The mixture will be quite lumpy, though there should be no dry flour visible.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake for approximately 20 minutes, or until the tops spring back when touched lightly. Cool on a wire rack.