Combine dried cranberries or cherries with white chocolate chips to create irresistible treats.
- 1 x 3.5 bar Divine White Chocolate Bar
- 9 tbsp unsalted butter, very soft
- 3/4 cup firm-packed soft light brown or muscovado sugar
- 1 extra large free range egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/8 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- a generous pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup slightly heaped dried cranberries or cherries
- 2 baking trays lined with non-stick baking parchment
Preparation & Quantity:
Preparation time: not long
Cook time: 15 minutes
Recipe yield: Makes 20 servings
- Heat the oven to 180C, 350F, Gas 4
- Break up or chop the chocolate into pieces the size of your little finger nail. Set aside until needed.
- Put the soft butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, flour, baking powder and salt into the bowl of a food mixer. beat until thoroughly combined, scraping down the bowl once or twice. Stir in the chocolate pieces and dried fruit
- Take a heaped teaspoon of the mixture and put it onto the prepared tray, using another teaspoon to push the mixture off the spoon and into a rough mound.
- Repeat with the rest of the mixture, spacing the mounds well part to allow fo spreading
- Bake in the heated oven for about 15 minutes until a light golden brown. Remove the trays from the oven, leave to cool for a minute then carefully transfer the cookies to a wire rack and leave to cool completely. Store in an airtight container and eat withing 4 days or freeze up to a month.