Divine 70% Dark Chocolate, whole fresh chestnuts, mango puree, and fresh mint sprigs go into this unusual but fantastic recipe
- 225g Divine 70% Dark Chocolate
- 4 x 15ml spoons maple syrup
- 1.2 litres double cream, whipped
- 3 free range egg whites (optional)
- 225g whole fresh chestnuts (peeled and pureed with a tsp brown sugar and water)
- 225g canned mango puree
- 450g tinned mango in natural juice
- 4 x large mint sprigs
- Melt the chocolate into the maple syrup, over a pan of hot water.
- Blend well together and stir into the chestnut puree.
- Beat in the cream.
- Whisk the egg whites till stiff and then fold into the mixture (optional).
- Freeze for two hours in a shallow tray covered with foil.
- Scrape out the ice cream and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Put in bowl and stir in the chopped fresh chestnuts. Spoon into a mould , cover and freeze for 30 minutes before serving.
- Strain the mangoes from their juices in the tin. Place mango and mint in food processor and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle sauce on ice cream and enjoy.