Another elegant dessert using pure rich Divine Cocoa. Perfect for a special occasion, this impressive tart is a real chocolate treat. Created for Divine by renowned food writer Sue Ashworth.
- 75g (3 oz) butter, softened
- 75g (3 oz) Fairtrade golden caster sugar
- 50g (2 oz) self-raising flour
- 75g (3 oz) ground almonds
- 2 tbsp Divine Cocoa Powder, plus a little extra
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp raspberry jam
- 1 x 20 cm (8 inch) sweet pastry flan case
- A few raspberries, to serve
- Melt 100g (4 oz) of Divine White Chocolate in a bowl placed over a pan of simmering water. Drizzle over the tart before slicing, instead of using cocoa powder and icing sugar.
Preparation & Quantity:
Serves 6 - 8
Preheat the oven to 180°C / 350°F / Gas Mark 4.
- Put the butter, sugar, flour, almonds, cocoa powder and egg into a large mixing bowl.
- Beat with a wooden spoon for 1 minute, then stir in the milk.
- Spread the jam over the base of the flan case, then tip the creamed mixture over the top and level the surface.
- Bake for 45 - 50 minutes until risen and firm. Leave until completely cold.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and icing sugar, then slice into wedges and serve with a few raspberries.