A traditional, rich, dark chocolate pudding with a warm chocolate sauce by The Pudding Club Head Chef.
- 120g Butter
- 120g Fairtrade light brown sugar
- 90g Self raising flour
- 30g Divine Cocoa
- 2 Free range eggs, beaten
- 180g Divine 70% Dark Chocolate
- 1 Tablespoon Fairtrade caster sugar
- 5 Tablespoons single cream
- Start by preparing the topping – melt the Divine chocolate, remove from the heat and stir in the cream and sugar.
- Pour into the bottom of a buttered 3 pint (1.7Lt) pudding basin.
- Beat the butter and sugar together until light and airy.
- Gradually beat in the eggs, beating well in between each addition.
- Sieve the flour and cocoa powder together, add to the creamed mixture by folding in gently.
- Pour the mixture into the lined pudding basin.
- Cover the top with a tight fitting lid or several layers of greaseproof paper and tie securely.
- Steam for 1 to 1 and ½ hours.
- Turn out carefully on to a warmed plate, making sure that none of the sauce is left behind!
- Serve with cream, custard or ice cream.