This is a rich chocolate ice cream flavoured with oranges and cinnamon. The trick to the deep flavour is to use a bar each of Divine's Orange Milk Chocolate and a bar of Divine's Dark Chocolate. Plus cream, of course.
- 275ml milk
- Half teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large egg yolks, from free-range organic eggs
- 50g unrefined organic caster sugar
- 100g Divine Orange Milk Chocolate
- 100g Divine 70% Dark Chocolate
- 200ml double cream, well-chilled
For 4 to 6
- Put the milk and cinnamon in to a medium-sized pan, heat gently until almost boiling and stir well.
- Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the egg yolks and sugar into a heatproof bowl and mix well with a wooden spoon. Pour on the hot milk and mix thoroughly.
- Tip the milk mixture back into the saucepan.
- Heat gently, stirring constantly over fairly low heat until the mixture thickens - do not let the mixture boil or it will curdle. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Break up the chocolate bars and put into a large heatproof bowl.
- Pour over the hot custard and stir gently until smooth.
- Leave to cool then cover and chill.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks then fold in the cold chocolate custard.
- Pour into an ice-cream maker and churn until frozen, or freeze the mixture in a freezer container, stirring occasionally until firm.