An incredibly easy ice cream that has a wonderful spicy-rich taste and texture. Try it topped with warm melted chocolate and roasted hazelnuts.
- 1/2 3.5 oz bar Divine 70% dark chocolate
- 9 oz soft-dried figs
- 200 ml milk, chilled
- 3 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 cup double cream, chilled
Preparation & Quantity:
Preparation time: 30 min
Cook time: n/a
Recipe yield: Makes 4 servings
- Break up the chocolate, put into the bowl of a food processor and chop finely as possible. Tip out into a bowl and set aside.
- Put the figs into the processor bowl and chop roughly.
- Add the milk and sugar and process to make a smooth purée.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks formthen fold in the chopped chocolate and the fig purée.
- Turn the mixture into the ice cream machine, if you have one, and church until frozen. You can also freeze the mixture into a freezer container and freeze until firm.
- Best eaten within a few days.