The point of these wonderful puddings is that the centre is still blissfully liquid when you serve them, so don't be tempted to cook them for any longer than the stated time. They are delicious served on their own or with ice cream.
- 5 medium free range eggs plus 5 medium egg yolks
- 115g Fairtrade caster sugar
- 225g Divine 70% Dark Chocolate
- 200g salted butter
- 75g plain flour
- 50g Divine Cocoa Powder
- Ice cream to serve
- 8 ramekins, buttered or non stick
- Put the eggs, egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric hand held mixer until the mixture is pale yellow (10-15mins).
- Put the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of steaming, but not boiling, water (do not let the base of the bowl touch the water). Melt gently, stirring frequently, until smooth. Remove the bowl from the heat. Add a small amount of the egg and sugar mixture to the melted chocolate and stir until well mixed. Add the rest of the egg mixture and mix well. Sift the flour and cocoa powder into the bowl and gently fold in with a large metal spoon until just mixed.
- Stand the prepared ramekins in a roasting tin and spoon the mixture into the ramekins (the mixture should come to just below the rim).
- Bake on the middle shelf of a preheated oven (180oC 350oF Gas mark 4) for 10-12 minutes, until risen and just firm to the touch. Don't cook them any longer than this or they will set inside.
- Run a round-bladed knife around the inside of each ramekin to loosen the puddings, then carefully turn them out onto individual plates. Dust with cocoa powder and serve immediately, either on their own or with your favourite ice cream.