- 7oz Divine Bittersweet Baking Bar
- 4oz baking sugar
- 8 tablespoons water
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- A little icing sugar, sifted
- 12 large strawberries, sliced
- A little half & half
- 1.75 oz grated Divine 70% Dark Chocolate (optional)
- If you do not have a spring-form tin, spoon the mixture into a freezer-safe shallow dish, cover with clingfilm, then freeze.
- After thawing for 20 mins the chocolate will be ready to spoon onto serving plates and be decorated with strawberries.
- You can make half the quantity if you prefer, or simply cut off and thaw the amount you wish to serve and leave the rest in the freezer.
1. Break the chocolate into sections and drop into a processor. Process for 1 minute or until just a few pieces remain in the otherwise powdery chocolate. Alternatively, you can finely grate the chocolate.
2. Measure the sugar and 6tbsps water into a small pan and heat gently over a low heat, until the sugar has dissolved, stirring occasionally.
3. Turn up the heat and boil briskly for 3-4 mins till it becomes a thin syrup.
4. Set the processor running and pour in the hot syrup through the funnel on to the chocolate so it melts and becomes liquid.
5. Add 2 tbsps boiling water.
6. Next, add the egg yolks and process for a few seconds before adding the brandy. If you are not using a processor, beat the ingredients together.
7. In a separate bowl beat the cream to a soft floppy consistency then fold in the chocolate mixture. Spread in the prepared tin, levelling the top with the back of a spoon, then cover with clingfilm and transfer to the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours to freeze.
8. To serve, remove from the freezer, release from tin and transfer to a plate. Decorate. Allow to soften a little and serve about 10-15 mins after coming out of the freezer.