- 2 tbsp Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Turbinado Sugar
- 1/2 cup Divine Chocolate Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 3 tbsp instant espresso powder or instant coffee crystals
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Fairtrade Organic Sugar, divided use
- 4 large cage-free organic egg whites
- Pinch of salt
- Wholesome Sweeteners Fairtrade Organic Powdered Sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F. Spray eight 6-oz custard cups with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with 2 tbsp Organic Turbinado Sugar.
2. Combine cocoa, water and espresso powder in medium bowl. Stir until smooth. Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Stir in evaporated milk and 1/2 cup organic sugar. Cook, whisking frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened. Remove from heat. Add to cocoa mixture and stir until smooth.
3. Beat egg whites and pinch of salt in small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in remaining organic sugar until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/4 of egg whites into chocolate mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining egg whites gently but thoroughly.
4. Pour mixture into prepared cups, filling full. Place on baking sheet. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out moist but not wet. Sprinkle with organic powdered sugar and serve immediately.