- Cooking spray
- 2/3 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Cabot Lowfat Vanilla Bean Greek-Style Yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 a bar of Divine 85% Dark Chocolate (12 squares), broken into pieces
- 1/2 bar Divine 85% Dark Chocolate (12 squares), broken into pieces
- 2 tablespoons Cabot Salted Butter
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- About 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped skinned pistachios
Preparation & Quantity:
Preheat oven to 425ºF.
Coat 6-hole doughnut pan* with cooking spray.
Makes 6 doughnuts
1. In small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
2. In another small bowl, whisk together brown sugar, yogurt, egg and vanilla until no lumps of brown sugar remain.
3. Set third small heatproof bowl over small pan of barely simmering water; add chocolate, stirring until melted.
4. Scrape melted chocolate into yogurt mixture and whisk until smooth. Stir chocolate mixture into dry ingredients just until combined. Spoon batter evenly into doughnut pan wells.
5. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until doughnuts feel set when lightly pressed.
6. Remove from oven and let stand in pan while you make glaze.
To make glaze:
1. In bowl you used to melt chocolate for doughnuts, combine chocolate and butter; return to pan of barely simmering water and stir until melted.
2. Remove bowl from heat and whisk in confectioners’ sugar until blended.
3. Gradually whisk in enough of milk to make smooth, glossy and thick glaze.
4. Dip “well” side of each doughnut in glaze.
5. Sprinkle each with some of pistachios.
6. Serve warm, or let cool and store in airtight container for up to 2 days.
*You can also bake batter in muffin or mini muffin pan, filling about 3/4 full.