The cookie sandwich has got to count as an American classic right? Try your hand at Ivy Bakery’s take on the traditional cookie sandwich with a Divine twist.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cups Divine cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Preparation & Quantity:
Preheat oven to 350
- Mix together oil, sugar and egg.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix while adding vanilla and buttermilk.
- Mix until combined. Do not over mix.
- Scoop by tablespoon full (or larger depending on size you'd like to make) onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
- Whip together the filling ingredients until thick and creamy.
- Spread filling onto half of the cakes and place the other half of the cakes on top of the filling to form sandwiches.
- Dip into chopped up pieces of Divine Bittersweet Chocolate baking bar.