Brownie fans will definitely fall hard for these cream cheese brownies. While most brownie recipes call for a heavy helping of butter and sugar, this particular recipe calls for cream cheese and Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt instead.
Cream Cheese Mixture
- 2 oz Cabot Premium Cream Cheese, at room temperature or softened in microwave
- 1/4 cup Cabot Lowfat Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt
- 2 tablespoons Fairtrade, Organic sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- Cooking spray
- 1 & 1/4 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, fluffed with whisk or fork before measuring
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) Cabot Salted Butter, cut into pieces
- 4 oz Divine Bittersweet Baking Bar
- 2 & 1/4 cups Fairtrade Organic sugar
- 1/2 cup Cabot Lowfat Vanilla Bean Greek Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
To make cream cheese mixture:
1. In small bowl, whisk together cream cheese and yogurt until completely smooth.
2. Add sugar and egg yolk and whisk again; set aside.
To mix and bake brownies:
1. Preheat oven to 325ºF. Coat 13-by-9-inch baking dish lightly with cooking spray.
2. In small bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder.
3. In large heat-proof bowl, combine butter and chocolate; set over saucepan of barely simmering water and stir often until melted and combined. Remove from heat.
4. Whisk sugar into chocolate mixture, then whisk in yogurt and vanilla. Add eggs one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Whisk in flour mixture until well blended.
5. Scrape batter into prepared dish. Spoon dollops of cream cheese mixture on top and swirl with spoon or spatula to create marbled effect, reaching down into chocolate batter and not overdoing it.
6. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or just until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached. Set on wire rack to cool completely. Cut into squares.