A rich and creamy hot chocolate recipe created especially for Divine by the lovely Bertinet Kitchen in Bath.
- 500ml full fat milk
- 400ml double cream
- 185g Divine 70% cocoa dark chocolate
- 1 large tablespoon Divine cocoa powder
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl in a microwave or over a pan of hot water.
- In a separate pan bring the milk to the boil with the cocoa powder.
- Pour 1/3 of this liquid on to the melted chocolate to obtain a smooth texture and so it looks glossy.
- Pour the rest of the milk, cream and cocoa into the bowl and mix again.
- Pour all of the hot chocolate back into the milk pan and whisk vigourously.
- If you like your hot chocolate with a kick add a pinch of chilli powder, or if just with a little spice add some grated nutmeg.
- For complete decadence top the chocolate with a spoon of whipped cream or a scoop of good vanilla icecream.