Experienced Brand Manager (Fixed Term Contract)
Location: County Hall, London (with optional home working 2-3 days per week)
Role: Full time
Reporting to: Marketing Director
Rewards: 25 days holiday, 8% company contribution to pension, life cover, flexi-working hours, cycle to work scheme
Contract date: Fixed term contract: 1 Year
Divine Chocolate was one of the pioneering Fairtrade brands in the UK and is still a catalyst for change today. We are one of the founding UK BCorp’s and we are part owned by cocoa farmers so every chocolate bar we sell really makes a difference. The company head office is based in newly built co-working space in County Hall, London. The views are spectacular!
We have some very exciting plans for the year ahead and are looking for an experienced Brand Manager for a one year contract role to support the team in delivering our Brand Re-launch Campaign and 2021/22 Marketing Plan, as well as supporting ongoing brand and trade marketing activities.
You should be a creative and commercial marketer with experience in digital marketing, executing brand campaigns and ensuring that the consumer is at the heart of brand and company plans. You will contribute to a team who are passionate about premium chocolate and delivering real benefits to cocoa farmers in Africa.
We are a small, committed and friendly team who collaborate with a great range of partners that share our ethical values. We are proud to run most of our marketing and PR in-house to develop grass-roots campaigns, as well as working with trusted agency partners on larger scale campaigns. The team work very closely with the U.S. team, based in Washington D.C and our Swedish team based in Gothenburg to ensure major campaigns and assets are developed with all markets in mind.
- Work closely with the Marketing Director and Communications Manager to deliver year 1 of the Global Brand Re-launch Campaign across digital, PR, sampling and trade activation
- Partner with the UK sales team to develop strategic trade marketing activations for key customers and channels, including
- Driving brand awareness through disruptive trade marketing
- Identifying and acting upon opportunities to grow our customer base via trade marketing efforts
- Managing on and offline trade events, working closely with the sales team to execute superb brand experiences and ensure excellent execution of the brand look & feel
- Manage and develop Divine Chocolate’s online presence
- Oversee the performance, optimisation and SEO/PPC strategy for the website and webshop
- Lead the development of a strategic CRM process, alongside input from the Communications Manager
- Lead and manage any brand experiential events, on or offline
- Execute the Sustainability Strategy from a marketing perspective, aligning ongoing communications to business impact
- Engage with key strategic partners e.g Fairtrade and BCorp on brand building opportunities and secure new partnership brand building opportunities
- Champion the consumer voice and input into research projects spanning exploratory product research, product taste testing and brand communication research
- Track ongoing competitor activity and share insights and learnings with the wider team
- Provide digital and trade activation input in to integrated marketing campaigns for new ranges, upcoming NPD launches and key calendar dates (e.g COP26, Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day)
- Tracking and evaluation against Marketing KPIs, campaigns and market trends in UK
- Budget management and tracking
5+ years’ FMCG/retail marketing and management experience
Understanding of brand building in a small/medium sized business - ability to see the big picture with a pragmatic/flexible approach to delivery
Trade marketing experience
Strong understanding of digital communications, including good working knowledge of SEO, PPC and social media analysis
Good understanding of the UK Multiple Grocery sector.
Strong team working and project management skills, combined with the ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
University degree or equivalent
Please send us your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by COP Thursday 15th July.
Within your covering letter please include your salary expectation, first available start date and any holiday time booked.
Start date: ASAP (ideally beginning of August).
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
colour, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status
or disability status.