Marketing Director (Maternity Cover)
Location: County Hall, London
Role: Full time
Reporting to: UK Managing Director
Rewards: 25 days holiday, 8% company contribution to pension, life cover
Reports: Communications Manager
Contract date: Fixed term contract: 11-13 months
Divine Chocolate was one of the pioneering Fairtrade brands in the UK and is still a catalyst for change today. We are one of the founding UK BCorp’s and we are part owned by cocoa farmers so every chocolate bar we sell really makes a difference. The company head office is based in newly built co-working space in County Hall, London. The views are spectacular!
We have some very exciting plans for the year ahead and are looking for a Marketing Director for a 11-13 month maternity cover role, responsible for delivering our Global Brand Re-launch Campaign and 2021/22 Marketing Plan, as well as overseeing the team delivery of ongoing brand and trade marketing activities.
You should be a creative and commercial marketer with experience in digital marketing, executing challenger brand campaigns and ensuring that the consumer is at the heart of brand and company plans. You will lead and contribute to a team who are passionate about premium chocolate and delivering real benefits to cocoa farmers in Africa.
We are a small, committed and friendly team who collaborate with a great range of partners that share our ethical values. We are proud to run most of our marketing and PR in-house to develop grass-roots campaigns, as well as working with trusted agency partners on larger scale campaigns. The team work very closely with the U.S. team, based in Washington D.C and our Swedish team based in Gothenburg to ensure major campaigns and assets are developed with all markets in mind.
- Work closely with our appointed agency to deliver year 1 of the Global Brand Re-launch Campaign across digital, PR, sampling and trade activation
- Partner with the UK sales team to develop strategic trade marketing and activations for key customers and channels
- Input into and champion the Sustainability Strategy from a marketing perspective, aligning ongoing communications to business impact, including leading the publication of the Divine Impact Report 2021/22
- Oversee integrated marketing campaigns across digital, social media, sampling, trade and consumer PR for new ranges, upcoming NPD launches and key calendar dates (e.g COP26, Christmas, Easter, Mother’s Day, Valentine’s Day)
- Champion the consumer voice and input into research projects spanning exploratory product research, product taste testing and brand communication research
- Manage and develop Divine Chocolate’s online presence
- Oversee the performance, optimisation and SEO/PPC strategy for the website and webshop
- Support the Communications Manager in the development of strategic CRM process
- Owner of the Divine Global brand guidelines, ensuring consistency in global asset and communication development
- Line management and mentoring of UK Communications Manager
- Oversight of Marketing team and activities in Divine USA and Divine Sweden, aligning plans and inputting where needed into any upcoming campaigns and activities
- Tracking and evaluation against Marketing KPIs, campaigns and market trends in UK and USA
- Budget management and tracking
- 5+ years’ FMCG/retail marketing experience
- Understanding of brand building in a small/medium sized business - ability to see the big picture with a pragmatic/flexible approach to delivery
- Strong analytical ability alongside knowledge of category management, utilising all relevant sources of data and insight and building strategy from them
- Strong understanding of digital communications, including good working knowledge of SEO, PPC and social media analysis
- Good understanding of the UK Multiple Grocery sector.
- Skilled in agency management
- Strong team working and project management skills, combined with the ability to work as part of a cross-functional team
- University degree or equivalent
Please send us your CV and covering letter to email@example.com by COP Wednesday 16th June.
Start date: mid July.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
colour, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status
or disability status.