A few fun facts about melting chocolate:
- Smelling chocolate calms you down. The smell of chocolate causes relaxation by significantly reducing theta activity in the brain (theta waves are associated with relaxation). Source: International Journal of Psychophysiology, 1998.
- Dark chocolate can be good for studying, as it has a higher cocoa content and is less sweet than milk and white chocolate; eating chocolate with a higher concentration of cocoa is proven to significantly reduce your stress levels and rejuvenate your memory and your immune system. Source: Loma Lima University.
- Most dark chocolate has only 3 ingredients: cocoa mass, cocoa butter, and sugar. Milk may be added to create milk chocolate, while cocoa mass is substituted for milk to make white chocolate.
- Chocolate melts at lower than human body temperature, causing it to literally melt in your mouth. When heated, the chocolate’s cocoa butter melts and liquifies. If the melted chocolate gets too hot, cocoa mass and cocoa butter separate leaving burned cocoa mass and a pale yellow liquid.
Chocolate Coffee Cups Recipe
Recipe by @ohsosmyley | Paola Mcconnell
Coffee and chocolate are a flavor power couple used in many of the most beloved recipes - from mochaccinos to tiramisus to espresso truffles, and now chocolate coffee bites! Chocolate coffee bites are an easy, quick, and delicious recipe - perfect for that late night study session, a potluck, or a bite-sized dessert.
Yield: 12-16 chocolate coffee cups
- 5 snack bars (approximately 6 oz.) of Divine Chocolate
- 1/3 cup Ethical Bean espresso beans
1. Line a dish with parchment paper or line a mini cupcake pan with mini cupcake liners.
2. Place unwrapped chocolate bars in a microwave safe dish.
3. Melt the chocolate on low power for approximately 1-2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
4. Remove chocolate from microwave and stir in the espresso beans until beans are completely coated with chocolate.
5. Using a teaspoon, form clusters by placing a scoop of the chocolate and bean mixture onto parchment paper, or in the mini cupcake liners.
6. Place clusters in fridge for at least 1 hour, or until set.
- Try adding salt, coconut flakes, or chopped cherries to make it your own.
- Dark chocolate has a higher melting point and may take longer than milk chocolate to melt.
- Make sure the microwave safe dish is completely dry.