Job Opening: Marketing Intern (Paid, Part-time)
Terms: 10-15 hours/week | $15/hour | 3-6mo.
Start date: On or around February 3, 2020
Applications accepted until: January 21, 2020 (12pm)
At Divine Chocolate, we believe in the amazing power of chocolate to bring people together. Our range of exceptional products and flavors delights chocolate lovers everywhere, and our unique partnership with the cocoa farmers who own 44% of our company is living proof that chocolate can deliver positive change.
We are looking for an energetic and self-motivated Marketing Intern to join our Washington, DC based team. You’ll report to the Senior Marketing Manager and work closely with our Trade Marketing Manager. You’ll also have an opportunity to engage and learn from our full team, including those within the Sales and Operations departments and our marketing counterparts on our London-based team.
You will assist our team with key marketing initiatives, gaining practical experience in the world of social enterprise and consumer packaged goods (CPG). Not only will you support the marketing of a delicious premium product, but you’ll learn about marketing a social mission and understand how and why a company like ours is driven to have a positive impact on the lives of cocoa farmers. Your activities will include:
- Performing market/competitive analysis and research on the latest trends
- Developing a monthly editorial calendar, identifying specific content by channel (social media, website, newsletter, etc.)
- Assisting with content creation, including copywriting and working with our digital asset library
- Providing social media community management and engaging with users daily
- Tracking and evaluating marketing activities in accordance with established KPIs, offering recommendations for improvement and best practices
- Collaborating with Trade Marketing Manager by assisting with retailer-specific marketing initiatives
- Attending, networking, and serving as a Divine representative at select events
- A recent graduate (college or graduate school), or currently enrolled in school
- Able to work 15 hours per week on-site out of our office in Washington, DC
- Interested in honing your skills and making a positive impact on the world
- Have experience or the desire to learn how to become a great digital marketer
- Someone who understands the importance of brand management & brand identity
- A creative thinker who is eager to learn and receptive to feedback
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and can quickly adapt to new priorities and deadlines
- Able to work both individually and with a team
- Professional & punctual with a strong work ethic, team mentality and positive attitude
- Applicable course work or experience in Digital Marketing, E-Commerce, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Facebook Business Manager, Sprout Social
- Basic skills in Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator
Please email a cover letter, resume, and contact information for 2 references to Liz Miller at email@example.com. In your email, please indicate your estimated weekly availability and any information regarding school credit requirements, if applicable. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.