Divine Chocolate has a diverse product range of bars, boxed and seasonal products. We’re achieving great success with our diverse customer base in high street, foodservice and supermarkets, and looking to increase our presence across the major multiples in the UK. All our products are certified Fairtrade. They are also natural, GM free and do not contain palm oil. We have a vibrant New Product Development function in the UK to strengthen the pipeline of innovation for the brand, enter new categories and win new customers.
You will be a dynamic salesperson, proven in leading a sales team to deliver strong growth, and passionate about creating positive change in the food industry for consumers and producers.
Roles and responsibilities
- Develop robust sales plan for all UK and export accounts which are aligned to the wider business.
- Deliver/exceed the planned revenue and profit targets for the business.
- Reforecast regularly, and update the management team and Board on sales performance.
- Take responsibility for account management by leading the sales team as well as direct responsibility for some larger accounts
- Implement a category management approach to Chocolate and Fairtrade.
- Analyse and effectively utilise data to develop sales presentations.
- Champion sales initiatives together with the marketing team to maximise sell-in opportunities across UK markets.
- Own trade spend and allowances, ensuring appropriate return from investment and that margin targets are achieved.
- Execute price increases as necessary.
- Work with the marketing team to develop effective and appropriate Trade Marketing materials for each channel.
- Identify new business opportunities, distribution gaps and opportunities and close them.
- Stay abreast of market activity and keep the business informed of key developments
- Track Retail prices and promotional changes for Divine Chocolate and the competitive set.
- Track sales performance for all customers and review line level detail to identify potential risks and opportunities.
- Evaluate product and range performance together with customer feedback to inform product changes and NPD.
- Manage and lead the sales teams to create a culture of drive and continuous improvement.
- Regularly monitor key KPIs, hold the team accountable for the performance of their accounts, and acknowledge success
- Be a valuable member of the Senior Management Team, playing an active role in setting the strategy and direction for the Company
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Significant commercial experience including at least two years’ as a National Account Manager, managing UK major multiples.
- Multichannel experience.
- Evidence of successfully managing a team.
- Numerate with basic P&L’s and deal structuring.
- Experience of working with data to support selling proposals – EPOS, IRI, Nielsen, TNS etc.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (PowerPoint, Excel).
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
Good to have:
- Background working in food or FMCG, particularly driving growth at a challenger brand
- Category management experience (either as an Account Manager/Exec or a category specialist).
- Trained in core sales & management skills: customer meeting process, negotiation, customer influence and building data backed selling stories.
- Experience at managing diverse and remote teams
- A love of food, ideally chocolate!
- Ability to build the capabilities of your team
- The maturity to manage and broker complex business decisions.
- You will fully embody and role model Divine values: Respect, Ownership, Teamwork, Creativity
- You would relish the opportunities that come with working in a small company, and are able to deliver both strategy and hands-on execution
- You are committed to the role that Divine plays in empowering small scale farmers and motivated by Fairtrade/ social enterprise
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Please send us a covering letter, CV and 200 words about 'Fairtrade Today' by uploading them to the Divine recruitment site by 9am on Wednesday 19th February 2020.
*Please note that we will only consider complete applications.